Architectural Design / Millwork / Project Management
I have primarily been a problem-solver working directly for owners and teaming with architects and consultants. I have designed unique furnishings and owned millwork operations. Additionally, I designed custom residences and provided detailed drawings for renovations and expansions. My forte is the ability to conceptualize and convert a client's ideas and requirements into drawings and details that will accomplish any task. Three of my specialties are custom design, space planning, and detailing.
· University of California at Berkeley School of Architecture * 1965 thru 1970 My employer, Southern Pacific Railway, enrolled me in IBM training. I specialized in operations, and ran a data center in San Francisco. I continued independent architectural studies, and still do.
· IBM - International Business Machines * 1967-1968.
System Design, Data Migration, 360 – 1460 - 7074 Operations,
Cobol, Fortran IV, PL/1, JCL Job Control Language * I made the operations easier and faster in the computer room.
· Power Logic/GIS and AutoCAD * 1992
· ArchiCAD from V09 thru V16 * Starting 2005 – On going.
· Arizona Highways Photography * 2006 – On going.
· Computer Sciences – On going
1963-1964 * Smith & Williams, Architects, Jr. Draftsman * Pasadena, CA
1964-1970 * Southern Pacific Railroad, Computer Room Operations
* Los Angeles & San Francisco, CA
1970-1972 * Greyhound Computer Corporation, Operations * San Francisco, CA
1972-1974 * French Hospital, Cabinet Maker * San Francisco, CA
1974-1984 * Peter Burt Company, Custom Furniture * San Francisco/Iowa Hill, CA
1986-1987 * CommCraft Custom Woodworking Design Director * Phoenix, AZ
1987-1989 * DLR Group-Architects – Interiors * Phoenix, AZ
1989-1995 * Chelan Millworks * Lake Chelan, WA * Owner
1995-1996 * Meyer & Lundah Mfg Co * 20/20 Millwork Detailer * Phoenix, AZ
2005-2007 * Quiet Valley Building Company * Residential Design Director
1996-Present * Eye Soar, Inc. - Design - Project Management * Soaring
Images Photography * Peter Burt Publishing.
* Soaring Images Photography * Peter Burt Publishing.
Bron Design Group * Cheryl and Company *
Barrows Interiors * Orcutt-Winslow Partnership * Studio b * EST EST *
Opus Southwest * Kitchell Contractors * Arthur G. McKee Construction *
McCarthy Construction * Pinnacle Sonoran Properties * architecture plus,
Inc. * Gill Studios, Inc * Gary Slater, Slater Sculpture since 1989 *
* Gary Slater, Slater Sculpture since 1989 *
Noteworthy Projects - Arizona
· Pleasantries - Retail Gifts and Specialties- in collaboration with
Pinnacle Sonoran Properties, Arizona Ranch Furniture, and
Rita Urfer Designs.
· Cochise Geronimo Clubhouse at Desert Mountain in collaboration with
Studio b and the Bron Design Group – A.I.A. Crescordia Award.
· Phoenix City Hall Renovation in collaboration with Gill Studios and
The Orcutt-Winslow Partnership – A.I.A. Excellence in Architecture and Design -
Public Works Restoration.
· Phelps Dodge Corporate HQ building Lobby Remodel in collaboration with
Archicon and Sun Best Builders.
· 2800 North Central Avenue Exterior Fountains for Opus Southwest.
Aurandt Residence at the Biltmore (Paul Harvey) design and project
Westcor Development project - all interiors at Scottsdale and Indian School
· Scottsdale Memorial Hospital - main conference room and audio-visual center
Publications – Acknowledgements
Better Homes & Gardens, National - Specialty Items
Goodfellow Catalogue of Wonderful Things - Cover Image
San Francisco Examiner - Multi-Family Projects
Colfax Record, Colfax, CA - Featured letters to the editor
Phoenix Home Garden Magazine - Furniture for Arizona Ranch
Designer’s Circle HQ - Articles on the business of design - Quarterly
Soaring Images Photography - I have a giant body of
work from around the world. Please look over a few of the half a million
images I have at
Soaring Images Photography - I have a giant body of work from around the world. Please look over a few of the half a million images I have at www.soaringimages.com
Wait, wait! There is more !
copyright 2017 eye soar, Inc. corrected 05 12 2018